Tuesday 7 September 2010

Roots and Leaves Themselves Alone








My first day on the RHS horticulture theory course at Tyntesfield didn't exactly go to plan. I scrambled my way along perilous roadsides - an ill judged decision to go on foot from Nailsea - with a bag brimming with pens, pencils, a shiny new notebook, a hearty packed lunch and pocket money for the tuck shop only to find the course has been postponed until next week. Nevertheless, I had a brilliant morning investigating the Victorian greenhouses and walled gardens and picked up some delicious yellow squash and white beetroot from the kitchen garden tabletop sale. I highly recommend a visit - it's worth it to see the incredibly intricate scaffolding alone..............did I really just say that??......anyway, three cheers that Kylie didn't get her grubby little paws on Tyntesfield!

No comments:

Post a Comment